KC Premiere Concussion Protocol
- Any player involved in any contact to the head (head to head, head to floor, head to elbow, head to wall, etc.) must be immediately removed from the game for parental evaluation.
- If they were fouled on the play and are due free throws, the substitute will shoot the free throws. The player must remain out of the game for at least one play.
- Before that player can return to the floor, the parent (not a coach or any other person) must evaluate their player and authorize their return to the game.
- The authorization should be written on the score sheet for their team and state: “I (parent’s name) give permission for (player’s name) to return to the game” followed by signature.
- If a parent is not available, the player may not return to that game or any other game being played on that date.
- The officials have the ultimate authority and discretion to determine if it is not safe for a player to return to the game due to contact to the head, or any other injury.
- Please support the officials, and our league by adhering to this new protocol designed to keep our participants safe, thanks in advance for your cooperation!
- Officials, as a reminder, any head injury or other serious injury preventing a player from returning to the game should be documented on an incident report form.